Our instructors possess these qualifications, and many also possess Professionals that bring real-life knowledge into the classroom. Students will greatly benefit from instructors knowledgeable in both public and private law, our instructors are what make our academy unique.
We are pleased to provide you formal firearms training. All courses are taught by NRA Certified Pistol and Illinois State Police Approved Concealed Carry Instructors. This training is based on the comprehensive NRA Basic Pistol Course, with additional required training for acquiring an Illinois Concealed Carry Permit. Whether you are an experienced shooter or have never fired a Firearm before, we will help you qualify for an Illinois Concealed Carry Permit. You will learn how to safely handle a handgun and hone in your skills as a marksman.
If you have had no formal training that is approved by the Illinois State Police you will need to have 16 hours of class time. In addition, the ISP requires that students complete a live-fire range qualification (discharging 30 rounds minimum at 5, 7 & 10 yards). Upon completion of this 2 day 16 hour class you will receive an 16 Hr. Completion Certificate.
Day 1: – First 8 hrs. of the Illinois CCW 16 Hour Mandatory course.
Day 2: – Second 8 hrs. of the Illinois CCW 16 Hour Mandatory & Range-Qualification is on the second day.
In order to be eligible for a Illinois Concealed Carry License you must :
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Have a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification card.
- Have not been convicted or found guilty of a misdemeanor involving the threat of physical force or violence to any person within the past 5 years.
- Must not have 2 or more violations related to driving while under the influence of alcohol, other drugs, intoxicating compounds within the past 5 years.
- Must not subject to a pending arrest warrant, prosecution or proceeding for an offense or action that could lead to disqualification to own or possess a firearm.
- Have not been in a residential or court-ordered treatment for alcoholism, alcohol detoxification, or drug treatment within the past 5 years.
Learn how to safely handle both revolvers and semi-automatic pistols, including loading, unloading, jam-clearing and basic maintenance of a firearm, as well as ammunition basics and shooting fundamentals. Owning a handgun is not required to enroll, so if you or family and friend like do a group Class of (10) or more at a Discount rate We be more than Happy to Accommodate.