Gemini Firearm Defense Illinois Concealed Carry Valentine`s Day special
+terms and conditions apply
This class is for students that have no prior training that is acceptable to the standards of the Illinois State Police, per the Firearm Concealed Carry Act.The state requires a total of 16 hours training. Some students will qualify for credit of up to 8 hours. If you previous Military you will get eight hours credit for that service.
16 HOUR CURRICULUM
Initial Firearms Curriculum must be at least 16* hours of in-person instruction and cover the minimum requirements listed below.
- Firearm safety (Classroom)
- 4 basic firearm handling safety rules
- Home storage
- Vehicle storage
- Public Storage
- Basic principles of marksmanship (Classroom/Range)
- Sight Alignment
- Sight Picture
- Trigger Control
- Care, cleaning, loading, and unloading of a concealable firearm (Classroom)
- Gun identification: revolver, semi-automatic, misc.
- Ammunition identification and selection
- Safety and cleaning protocols
- Cleaning equipment
- Loading and unloading
- All applicable State and Federal laws relating to the ownership, storage, carry, and transportation of a firearm (Classroom)
- The Act in its entirety,
- With emphasis on 430 ILCS 66/10(h) this includes instruction on the appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm.
- With emphasis on 430 ILCS 66/65 which includes instruction on prohibited areas and the parking lot exception.
- The FOID Act 430 ILCS 65/1 et. seq.
- Relevant portions of the ILCS including but not limited to
- 720 ILCS 5/7-1. Use of force in defense of a person**
- 720 ILCS 5/7-2. Use of force in defense of dwelling**
- 720 ILCS 5/7-3. Use of force in defense of other property**
- 720 ILCS 24/1 et. seq. Unlawful Use of Weapons**
- The Act in its entirety,
** Must define dwelling, aggressor, forcible felony and unlawful use of weapons pursuant to the ILCS.
- Weapon Handling
- Dry fire practice drills, handgun fundamentals
- Dry fire practice drills from concealment
- Live fire practice drills, handgun fundamentals
- Live fire qualification with a concealable fi rearm consisting of minimum of 30 rounds which must include 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards; 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards; and 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards at a B-27 silhouette target approved by the Illinois State Police. (See www.isp.state.il.us/firearms/ccw/ccw-faq.cfm)
The Department will accept up to 8 hours of in-person training already completed toward the 16 hour training requirement as outlined in Section 75 (i) [training course must be approved by the ISP] of the Act provided those 8 hours cover the classroom and range subject matter of components #1 through #3. The additional 8 hours of training required by Sections 75 (g) and (i) of the Act will be comprised of components #4 and #5