- This event has passed.
16 Hour Concealed Carry day 2
January 3 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm UTC+0
Second 8 hrs. of the Illinois CCW 16 Hour Mandatory course.
This is the only course required for students are awarded credit with a DD214
Day Two, FUNdamentals and RANGE TIME!!!
The classroom will become more hands on and group interactive as you dig deeper into the essentials of concealed carry. On day 2 you will learn proper holster and draw techniques, in addition to scenario-based demonstrations on identifying threats, dealing with law enforcement while driving and carrying, traveling and more. This section of the class will serve as an excellent opportunity to ask questions and get practical, real life expertise from our NRA-certified instructors. The final segment of your IL CCW classes will shift things from the classroom to the firing range and exam, where you’ll have a chance to practice what you’ve learned over the past two days. Instructors will work with you one on one to help you practice loading and unloading a pistol, as well as aim, control, trigger squeeze and how to compensate for blow back. At the end of the session you’ll be given a basic skills test, which involves shooting at a target from distances of 5, 7 and 10 yards away (10 rounds per distance test).
In order to be eligible for a Illinois Concealed Carry License you must :
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Have a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification card.
- Have not been convicted or found guilty of a misdemeanor involving the threat of physical force or violence to any person within the past 5 years.
- Must not have 2 or more violations related to driving while under the influence of alcohol, other drugs, intoxicating compounds within the past 5 years.
- Must not subject to a pending arrest warrant, prosecution or proceeding for an offense or action that could lead to disqualification to own or possess a firearm.
- Have not been in a residential or court-ordered treatment for alcoholism, alcohol detoxification, or drug treatment within the past 5 years.