8 hrs Illinois CCW 16 Hour Mandatory course.
In order to be eligible for the 8 hour Illinois Concealed Carry License you must :
- NRA Basic Pistol 8 hours
- NRA Personal Protection in the Home 8 hours
- NRA Personal Protection Outside the Home 8 hours
- Active, Retired or Honorably Discharged member of the US Armed Forces 8 hours
- Previously qualified law enforcement or corrections officer (430 ILCS 66/75 (j)) 8 hours
In addition you must
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Have a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification card.
- Have not been convicted or found guilty of a misdemeanor involving the threat of physical force or violence to any person within the past 5 years.
- Must not have 2 or more violations related to driving while under the influence of alcohol, other drugs, intoxicating compounds within the past 5 years.
- Must not subject to a pending arrest warrant, prosecution or proceeding for an offense or action that could lead to disqualification to own or possess a firearm.
- Have not been in a residential or court-ordered treatment for alcoholism, alcohol detoxification, or drug treatment within the past 5 years.